Friday, July 2, 2010

Throat Punch Thursday; Apparently Somebody's high edition

Well, this weeks Throat punch goes to the Mommy in Florida who thought it would be cute to post this picture.

I am not an idiot. I am assuming this girl ( she is 19) thought this picture would be funny. I mean who hasn't posed their 11 month old with something totally inappropriate, a thong on their head, an empty beer can, a BONG and snapped a photo for posterity. I think we are all guilty of one three a few of these ourselves. I'd say probably not drug paraphernalia. I mean, who has this stuff lying around the house when they have kids? Oh yeah, crack heads, that's who. I forgot.My bad.
Lets face it, most of us are guilty of taking embarrassing photos of our kids that may later mortify them . But this mental midget Mommy won the prize when she , in all of her brilliance, decided that it would be a great idea to post said picture( with illegal paraphernalia in it , no less)  on Facebook. Oh yes, she is a smart one.

Eventually, the photo fell into the hands of the Florida Dept. of Children and Families which is now in the process of drug testing both the mother and the baby, says Sky News. Can you imagine having them test your baby for pot? I wonder how they got that little guy to pee in the cup?Maybe they coaxed him with Cheerios?NO? Maybe Goldfish? NO? Maybe crack?

John Harrell the spokesperson for the group told Sky News, "We are alarmed that any parent would take pictures of their child next to what is obviously drug paraphernalia." It's like she just didn't use her little dwarfed brain in the least.

The unnamed mother has come forward and stated to Sky News via Facebook, "If u look at the picture u can see that there is no bowl in the TABACCO [sic] pipe...I would never ever ever let him get high."
Oh, well thank God for that. Obviously its OK, since there was no weed in the pipe. I wonder, does she think that marijuana is legal? Maybe on her planet it is.

If drugs were used by or found near the baby, she could face serious charges, including losing her 11-month-old son to the state of Florida. I think this would be a good plan. She belongs in a parenting class along with the award winning broad whose kid almost got hit by the bus in the middle of the night. Maybe next time she wants a "funny" picture she can pose him with a machete? Or perhaps a nine millimeter?

The moral of the story is drugs are bad, they cause you to do stupid things and use bad judgment..like posting pictures of you baby on FB holding a bong; alerting an otherwise oblivious DCFS about your crack-headed ways. I don't think this baby was actually getting high, I'm not an idiot. I am, however, sure that Mommy was. But what I am really concerned about it that his chubby little finger may get lodged in the side there and be stuck forever! What if it broke and cut the poor baby? Bad Mommy..you get the Throat Punch this week for being broken in the brains department and potentially harming that adorable little boy. Actually, I think I should give a roundhouse to that bong to keep Mommy and baby out of trouble!

13 comments:

  1. what is wrong with people these days.

    and your exactly right.. what mom has this lying around?

    great post, very interestind read.

    -ang

    greensubmarinediydesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh! I think I just peed myself over your commentary! So funny! And I won't even comment on the pics...obviously we all already know what kind of world we live in! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg what in the hell!!!! she deserves to be locked up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mom is a social worker who works in drug and alcohol rehab and one of the things she says over and over and over again is how much people who are caught up in this stuff don't understand. This is for several reasons 1) the brain stops growing when a person starts doing drugs, so essentially, if you start doing drugs at 15 and don't stop till you 35 you will be a 35 year old with a 15 year old brain. I imagine this woman above is the same way.

    2) people who live outside the law don't think the same way people who live inside the law do. they don't take responsibility and they don't see what they are doing as wrong. It doesn't connect for them.

    3) my mom see's this sort of thing all the time, it's amazing and it's sad. The baby probably is going to have some mental challenges from drug use as well as drug addiction challenges later on.

    I'm glad the woman posted the picture. Dumb as she is it gives the authorities a chance to intervene sooner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it makes me so freakin' crazy that people actually do this kinda crap!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am following from Friday-Follow! I love your mommy truisms - very funny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad I am not alone in this -- I lost a friend recently This ex-friend it came to light that her daughter-in- law and son were into drugs and have three children and this x friend was blaming the child services department of unfair treatment. None of them were taking responsibility for their own actions and how it effects us all.
    Keep your kids safe and healthy,
    Joanny

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is just sad that you don't have to take a test before becoming a parent. It is the most important job in the world and ~ unfortunately ~ anyone with working eggs can do it.

    Good choice on the Throat Punch Award, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad someone posted an opinion like yours! I posted the photo on my fb page & I got a response defending the mother. It made me sick!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for joining Fun Follow Friday. I am your newest follower.

    http://simplystacie.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. HA HA HA this was fantastic! I saw this pic over the weekend and read the article to everyone at the campground. What an idiot!

    BTW.. found you on the social parade :)

    http://jaclynnkyuss.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yet another parent of the year. Obviously the mother in this equation is lacking in the sense department. While I also agree that the little potato pictured is not actually getting high, who knows what is going in that house when the camera isn't on. I hope that little one is put with a family that will love and look out for his best interests and not "funny" pictures. Oh and no disrespect to sane Floridians but why does crazy crap like this always seem to come out of Florida?
    - new follower from follow me fridays

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your thoughts on my truth! Please leave some love, insight , or even disagreement with mine. I believe in free thought and speech. Happy Mothering!!