Thursday, September 16, 2010

Be A Better me (You) Challenge- Day 16- Relinquish Mommy Guilt

Yesterday's Be A Better Me (You) Challenge -Day 15 ~ Be honest with yourself
How did you do? Did you eliminate the lies from your life? I am trying to be honest with myself about who I am, where I want to go or not go back to in life, what I want to be and do. There's a lot of years of expectation and routine that need to be sorted through. It's like peeling an onion and only by sorting through and crying a little will I find the me inside.


Today's Be A Better Me Challenge- Day 16 ~ Relinquish the Mommy Guilt probably should have been day 1 challenge. After all, isn't his a big part of what holds us back in living out loud? What version of ourselves would we be if there were no such thing as Mommy Guilt? Would we be less of a parent? Less of a good person? Or would we be the same, minus the crappy guilt side effect? How can we be our best "Me" if we are living by some one else's standards? I'm here to tell you that guilt is a non beneficial, if not useless emotion. It's like holding a grudge, all it does is expends energy that you could be using to enjoy your life rather than wallowing in a mistake. Wouldn't you be willing to overlook a friend's mistake or error in judgment? So why cant we forgive ourselves? I , for one, don't want to waste my life feeling guilty ( I know in some instances its inevitable). I'd much rather be living up to my own standards. Today, I want to move through my day like water not held back by the quicksand of guilt. Today, I challenge you to live your life and not look back at what you may have or have not done wrong! Enjoy your day! Enjoy your children! Be you, minus the guilt.Be free!

2 comments:

  1. i'm thinking about truth a lot these days. and being who you really are.
    best
    deborah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Let that go. Just know that you are doing your best and it is enough. You will make mistakes because you are a human being. Everyone does. Forgive yourself and let it go... If you are doing your best, IT IS ENOUGH. Great post.

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your thoughts on my truth! Please leave some love, insight , or even disagreement with mine. I believe in free thought and speech. Happy Mothering!!