Monday, November 15, 2010

In the real world...Life happens


I just finished week 2 of Nutrisystem and I have lost another 1.5 pounds. I will admit I was a little upset that it wasn't the 3 pounds of last week but then again it was my 'water retention' week of the month. Not to mention, I ate dinner away from home twice. It wasn't like I ate fast food but it also wasn't my Nutrisytem food so I am sure that had a lot to do with it. But then again this is real life and I want you to know that I am not perfect and life throws us unexpected curve balls. So, what did I do? I took it for what it was and I jumped back on the Nutrisystem plan. That's the key, you can't give up and have the mentality that "I messed up on this meal, the whole day's a wash. So,I'll eat whatever I want." It's so easy to fall into that.I've done that many, many times before and look where its landed me..wondering why I gained so much weight, even though if I had just been honest with myself...I would have know exactly where my plan got derailed.

I am still loving the food. Obviously, there are some foods that are better tasting to me than others but of course that is a matter of personal taste.I can tell you that if you eat a piece of Nutrisystem pizza while your family has Papa Johns or Pizza Hut, you will be just as fulfilled. Of course, I wouldn't recommend, for me anyways, eating the Nutrisystem Orange chicken while your family is eating P.F. Changs...its just not the same when you are looking at their plates.One thing that I have been eating a lot of and really loving is buying those big bag salads and then sauteing some stir fry chicken cut breasts and topping the salad.I'll have that with a Nutrisystem trail mix bar for lunch some days and it is amazing!

So, here I am week 2 and I am down 4.5 pounds and I am ecstatic because 4.5 pounds down is better than even one ounce up, especially at this time of year! My way of thinking is changing too as my body is changing. I have noticed that I am a lot more aware of what I am putting into my mouth.The mindless eating has ceased. Writing everything down and knowing the correct portion sizes has made a huge difference. Another thing that I have done, which is helpful to me, I have taken a poster board and divided it into four columns 1)Date 2)Actual weight ( when I weigh myself each week) 3) Goal weight (I've set a goal of 2 pounds a week, just to keep me focused) 4) Exercise ( I tick how many times a week I exercise). This is just a visual to help keep me accountable and on task. And last but not least, a very valuable lesson that I have learned this week is DRINK YOU WATER!!! It really makes a difference.

I can feel with each passing day, I am getting a little more comfortable in my skin. Thanks for all the support, my friends.  I am loving this journey and can't wait to share with you all when I reach my final destination.

DISCLOSURE: Nutrisystem is providing their  program to me free of charge in exchange for my participation in the Nutrisystem Nation Blogging Program and weekly updates. I am not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed in this post are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255

4 comments:

  1. Debi

    You are doing great!! Congrat on the 1.5 lbs -- that's awesome! Remember, on Nutrisystem you can expect to lose 1 - 2 lbs per week and you are right on track!! Stay positive and remember we are always here for you

    :) Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you are doing fabulously!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're doing it the healthy way and that's what's important.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!! You are doing aweomse. Try not to focus too much on the numbers and just focus on feeling good!!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your thoughts on my truth! Please leave some love, insight , or even disagreement with mine. I believe in free thought and speech. Happy Mothering!!