Happy Friday, my friends! If you are here! I am happy to see you. It's Friday and I am in a fantastically wonderful mood. The Big Guy is headed home to our zip code, the Bellarini will be headed home soon and it will be cuddle, snuggles and naps all around! And my Gabs, that little golden nugget is sitting by my side watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse...ever so quietly.Coffee is piping hot and in this moment life is pretty SWEET!Most of you have heard about my Be a Better Me Challenge that I have been doing this month, in honor of my birthday. Hope you can link up and we can all be better us! Also, in honor of my birthday, I have set a small goal of reaching a 1000 followers by my birthday September 25th. So, if you can follow or pass the word on to your friends who you think would enjoy this blog, I would much appreciate it. Feeling too blessed to be stressed this morning. Hope you are too. Take some deep breaths, relax, let all the craziness fall to the wayside. It's Friday, its a beautiful fall day, and life is good! One more thing, Favor. Can you all help me out. I have been nominated for favorite Mommy Blogger on Babble. If its possible can you help me out by clicking on the first link here:
Then it should come up on the page "Nominate a favorite Mommy blogger" scroll down, select alphabetically as the way to sort and find The TRUTH about Motherhood and select
'I like this Blogger"
1. The strangest thing I've ever eaten is ...alligator in New Orleans and rattlesnake and goat in Mexico.
2. I wouldn't be caught dead.... naked in public. It's not pretty anymore and I'm pretty sure I'd give some people heart attacks (not in a good way) and probably be the cause of some in mouth regurgitation! Oh, how the mighty have fallen. Don't feel pity for me, I can get back into shape...I just gotta get working at it.
3. When I am 75 I will.... be just like Aunt Sally, she is beautiful inside and out, she lives loud and balls to the wall. She has eeked every ounce of life she can out of her 80+ years. She is my hero. When I am her age, I want to be agile, able, still driving, teasing the boys, funny, uber lovable, enjoying cocktails with my bestest friends. I want to live every single day like its my last, starting now!
4. If I had to be named after a place I would want to be named... Virginia like the gorgeous state...the place where I left a big chunk of my heart last fall.
5. My name is "Deborah" - after my Mom's bestie- "Asuzenna" - a bastardization of my Dad's little sister's name Asusana. I love my name, it's especially funny to hear the way people fuck it up. At high school graduation it was OHSUSANA, at college it was INFLUENZA, and at my wedding it was Insuzensa
.It's Ah-SU-ZEE-NA. Now you all know.
6. My all time favorite photo is.... a photo of the Big Guy and I when we first started dating. We were both in college, terribly young and equally in love. We both have the biggest smiles on our faces. I look a that picture and I remember how very lucky I am , and all the excitement and love that I felt in that moment to be with him..that picture can carry me through the rest of my life.No matter what kind of day I have, I can look at that picture and know that somewhere in the world the most amazing man I have ever known...loves me!
The other photo I absolutely adore is one of my girls when Gabs was a week old. I love seeing Bella looking at Gabs with such love, and Gabs looking up to Bella with complete trust and adoration.
7. If I could afford it... I would pay off all of our debt and our house, then I'd pay off my parents house, and my In laws house for them.If I could afford it, none of my friends and family would want for anything and then I'd take all of our stress free asses on a vacation to Greece.
* I do normally place my blog hop badges here but for some reason BLOGGER is telling me it has some kind of form error. Sorry, I tried but with the badges, it actually won't save the post. I've lost it twice already. NOT doing it again or I will have to throw this damn laptop!*
Now on to the FAWK YOUs for the week.
FAWK YOU to my beloved IMAC.Why must you decide to start flashing that blasted file folder with the question mark on it? I have no answer for you! You have left me very sad, lonely and disappointed.I'll give you another chance, just please come back to me.sniff* sniff*
FAWK you to a really hard week of kindergarten recess in which my little one felt 'left out'. How I friggin hate to watch my girls feelings be hurt or heart broken. SO FAWK YOU growing pains!
FAWK you to Notre Dame football traffic congesting my downtown route to Bella's school.
FAWK you to bloggers who steal other bloggers content. Have you no original thought in your tiny brain?
FAWK YOU again for not going all single white female life stealing on my posts. Is it weird that I feel a little left out:)
FAWK you to this economy that causes the Big Guy to be in yet another state while I am left to single mother it all week. Also, economy thanks for making my girls sad and miss their daddy on a daily basis. Saying good night over the phone or SKYPE is just not the same as a good night kiss from the Big Guy!
FAWK you to feeling lonely.
FAWK you to free and easy. I think I want to do every thing hard...live, play, love, and laugh HARD!