Monday, April 19, 2010

Don't believe the hype


Who's the spin doctor for Motherhood? Seriously, who was it who decided to tell us that when we get pregnant we 'glow ' and ' never look more beautiful' ?Did I really , could I really, have been so naive to believe that harboring a fugitive parasite in my body for 10 months could make me beautiful. Saying it out loud sounds ridiculous.You'd think someone with a 147 IQ would have known better. Let's be honest , when I was pregnant , I felt nauseaus, bloated , fat, ugly, unlike myself , grouchy, mean, horny , hateful, hungry , tired and like I had to pee a lot. But not once , do I ever remember feeling beautiful or glowing . I guess if they told us the truth the species would die out . I guess it's not all so bad, I did go back for seconds. Pretty sure I've learned my lesson now, though . Happy Mothering, may it be all it's cracked up to be.

-Truthful Mommy xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts on my truth! Please leave some love, insight , or even disagreement with mine. I believe in free thought and speech. Happy Mothering!!