Sunday, March 14, 2010

Damn you Bree Van de Kamp!

Anyone who has ever read my blog knows that I am a super advocate of sisterhood. I think that cat fights between women are ridiculous and that if we all spent a lot more time being real and supporting each other, life would be so much better for all of us. Why does it always have to be a competition? My kid does this, does  yours? My husband makes this much money, what does yours make? My house is bigger than yours. It truly is a pissing contest for women! I can keep the house immaculate, my kids listen to everything I say, sleep in their own beds, go to bed at a reasonable hour with no drama, they are reading at a 5th grade level @ the age of four, I eat but can not gain weight, my husband just keeps getting better looking, and my kids are absolute perfection, did I mention they eat absolutely everything I put in front of them. The laundry seems to do itself, I love to cook gourmet meals for every meal, I am completely organic, I made all the baby food and my babies only wore cloth diapers and drank organic, non tainted by caffeine or alcohol breasts milk. P.S. My shit doesn't stink! I live in a mansion on the corner of bliss and perfection...or was that delusional and insanity?  And you? OK, Bree friggin Van de Kamp...you are not real, you are some convoluted conjuring of what some crazy tv exec thought real life is...not even in the 1950's, my brother sister!If we'd stop trying to make the other Mommies think we have it all under control without even breaking a sweat, maybe, just maybe we'd have some back up in the trenches instead of one more enemy trying to kill our spirits and crush our souls!
So, as if that is not bad enough, that we are all running around lying to each other about how perfect and easy our lives are, we are inadvertently (or maybe purposefully) making other women (Mommies ,specifically) feel like they are losers because they don't think life is easy or perfect and neither are their kids and their husband. I mean ,myself,  I've actually winced at the prospect of having to go to the grocery store, been brought to tears trying to figure out what the hell to wear out in public to drop my kids off at some class or other, the dishes make me want to kill someone ( actually just myself..I truly hate dishes!I am not above existing on paper products!), my girls still miraculously end up in our bed in the middle of the night, I have actually been reduced to feeding them cereal for dinner (only once..I promise)....though, I must confess, my kids are pretty perfect....to me! All kids are perfect to their parents! My point is my fellow desperate housewives, we would not all be so damn desperate if we could all just get along! Next time you feel overcome with the need to blow crazy smoke up your own ass, in a coffee induced fog of meanness,  Please remember that Mommy that you are making feel 2 inches tall would probably serve you better as a cheerleader than as a doormat!
PSA: Please be kind to your fellow Mommies! She is not your enemy, she is your sister, your friend, your confidant, your tether to sanity!

Madame Alexander Dolls <i>Desperate Housewives</i> Bree Van De Kamp Limited Edition Doll

5 comments:

  1. AMEN SISTA!!! Great post...so on point!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me hear you say it!!!! Preaching to the choir. So good. So true.

    Peryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Btw - this relates to my post today, so I put up a link to this post. In my post. If you know what I mean :).

    Peryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen! I was having a bad first trimester and my friend who's also pregnant tells me, "Well, my pregnancy is going along very smoothly. It's all about the attitude." %#$@%^(&$!

    Yes, we're still friends even after I told her, "Shut up or I will strangle you!!!" =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you girls understand! See just knowing I'm not the only one, that makes me feel better!XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your thoughts on my truth! Please leave some love, insight , or even disagreement with mine. I believe in free thought and speech. Happy Mothering!!