Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Be a Better Parent Challenge - Day 25 - Get Some Sleep

Today's Be a Better Parent Challenge - Day 25 - Get Some Sleep
is pretty self explanatory. We are all better parents when we get some sleep. I know its hard, if not impossible but when we are well rested we think better, function better, react more maturely.
God knows I am guilty of not getting enough sleep ( i.e. regularly posting at 2 am) but with school starting, I've been forced to check my routine. There is no way I can go to bed at 3 AM and wake up at 6:30 and be any good to anyone. Plus, I am pretty sure I'd be as mean as a caged animal. So,I've been shooting for midnight and waking at 6:30 and it seems to be working. Now, on nights when I've actually gotten 8 consecutive hours of sleep, I've been told I am pretty damn pleasant to be around.


#25: Get Some Sleep
I realize that it's not always feasible for us to get a full night's sleep, but set your Tivo or DVR, put some projects , emails, blog posts on temporary hold, and get some sleep. It's really quite amazing what an extra hour (or 4) can do.Happy Sleeping, my friends!

1 comment:

  1. It's true. I've been so sleep deprived over the last few days and finally shut everything down early last night. I climbed into bed ready to veg out, but as soon as my head hit the pillow I was out like a light.

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your thoughts on my truth! Please leave some love, insight , or even disagreement with mine. I believe in free thought and speech. Happy Mothering!!