Friday, July 30, 2010

Throat Punch Thursday: Newborns in Ziplocs edition

 This throat punch Thursday is astounding to me. When I watched the video and read the article, I literally was speechless, can honestly say that I wanted to throw up a little bit and I certainly lost a good sense of humanity in people. Or rather I should say, I lost my faith in humanity. Once again, disappointed by the lack of scruples and regard for human life. Are you familiar with this story? Here is the video clip. Judge for yourself.



Seems in Douai , France the men are a little more oblivious than they are in the United States. Apparently, this woman,  Dominique Cottrez, a nurse, has been married to Pierre-Marie Cottrez for approximately 20 + years . They have 2 grown daughters but she has a little secret. She has given birth 10 times, yet there are only 2 daughters. The math doesn't add up. And her husband has absolutely no knowledge of her ever being pregnant other than the first 2 times. How oblivious must a man be to not notice a pregnant wife. He said she was overweight so it was easy to conceal. I'm gonna have to call bullshit on that one. Maybe once he could use that excuse or if they had never had a pregnancy together, but 2 daughters and 8 pregnancies later. If he didn't see, it was because he turned a blind eye. No man is that stupid. The secret would have never come to light had the couple not sold their house. Can you imagine the poor new owners, minding their own business randomly finding baby carcasses in Ziploc baggies while tending the garden. Well, at least that explains all the phantom newborn crying they kept hearing. Seriously, this is not funny, this is sad and disgusting. They are trying to say the woman suffered from a first pregnancy that was "traumatic". I understand PPD is horrible but to repeat the offense 8 times after giving birth to a second child..what was the difference between #2 and #3?
The babies were born between 1989 and 2006, but their exact birth dates aren't known.She knew she was pregnant each time, she admitted to it and has said her husband had no knowledge of the pregnancies, births, or the deaths. After the new owners of the house found the babies in the garden, per policy, the police questioned the previous owners and Dominique readily admitted to her gruesome part in the worst recorded case of infanticide in France in recent history. Furthermore, she led them to the remaining 6 bodies buried in the garage.
This weeks throat punch with a Ziploc baggie on top goes to this out of her mind nurse who killed 8 of her 10 children. I seriously think that this woman is insane and most likely dying from the intense guilt, which is probably why she confessed so readily. She was already a mother to 2 children when she started doing this craziness.I can't imagine what her children are feeling. They must be terrified. The throat punch also goes to her husband, who I believe, has no excuse for letting this happen and in my eyes is a liar. He had to know. There is no way he did not know. Maybe a hard punch to the throat will get his eyes and common sense back into working order. I don't know what else to say but that I hope karma comes around and gives them exactly what they deserve.

8 comments:

  1. We need to pray for these people souls... You are right.. this is so sick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How horrible! That just made me sick to my stomach.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read about this earlier and just couldn't believe it. Overweight or not, it's not that easy to hide one pregnancy, let alone 8. I mean, she's a nurse, didn't her coworkers notice anything?

    Regardless, I find it sick and I hope she gets the punishment she deserves and the mental help that she obviously needs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There really is a special place in hell for people like that...sick or not-killing babies is horrendous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is horrible. I don't see how she could have done that to innocent babies. She is sick and to do it more than once...

    ReplyDelete
  6. And I meant to say before that I'm glad to meet you. I'm came over from Follow Me Friday.
    But when I read that post, I forgot all about it.
    Come see me sometime.

    Sherri
    www.herrandomthoughts.com

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your thoughts on my truth! Please leave some love, insight , or even disagreement with mine. I believe in free thought and speech. Happy Mothering!!