Friday, July 9, 2010

Throat Punch Thursday; The coward husband addition




As a Mother, this video saddened me beyond belief. To go through a pregnancy and then during labor , have your uterus nicked and to basically die on the table due to malpractice..to have your whole life turned upside down, to have your husband abandon you, and take your triplets away from you..from your very sight. It was all too monstrous.

The story is this, Abbie Dorn married an asshole man named Dan. They were in love, they wanted children, they started fertility, they got pregnant with triplets. The pregnancy progressed as expected. At 8 a.m. on June 20, 2006, the couple raced the short distance to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. Esti and Reuvi were born without incident. But Yossi was positioned awkwardly. While the doctor was  delivering him, he nicked her uterus, according to the malpractice attorney.

Abbie subsequently lost a massive amount of blood. By 2:30 a.m., she was in shock, her arms and legs cold and clammy. By around 6 a.m., she had stopped breathing. Then she went into cardiac arrest. The defibrillator did not work properly. Her brain was starved for oxygen. This poor woman goes to the hospital to deliver and Cedars-Sinai basically ruined her life. In that instant, all the wonder and excitement of her ever after came to a screeching halt and was replaced with a black abyss of impending doom! It was like a terrible ride and she could not exit, and her husband/her partner/ her advocate jumped off and left her to suffer alone.Is it just me or do you want to beat this man with a giant mallet too? What a bastard!

After a year of recovery, her husband decided that her injuries were too substantial and he was going to ask for a divorce so he could move on and marry someone else. Citing that, after a year, the chance of progressive recovery is slim. Man, keep that guy away from the plugs! Apparently, he said it was too much to ask of him to handle three 1 year olds by himself! Poor effin idiot! What a heartless jerk. It makes me think of that old Metallica video from the 80's with the soldier who has no arms, no legs, and can't speak but his mind is fully functional and he is crying because no one realizes that he is "in there". What if she is "in there", crying and missing her children ( you know the ones she only got to hold ONCE!) and everybody thinks she is "vegetative". That's what her husband wants the courts to believe but that's not what her side is saying. They say that Abbie has been responsive, she understands.

But it gets even better, her douche bag ex -husband doesn't let her see the children. I agree, she can not take care of the children..she is paralyzed and appears vegetative but she is in therapy and is making progress. I don't see why she can't have chaperoned visits with her parents present( her father is a doctor for God's sake), who she now lives with because her husband kicked her to the curb after she almost died having his babies. Her husband says it is too traumatic for the children. Well, hey asshole..maybe if you hadn't taken them away from her almost immediately after birth and they had been allowed to maintain a relationship with their mother..the lady who practically died for them..it wouldn't be traumatic. They would just see their mother and not some scary lady who can't talk..or move! Did I mention, she has only been allowed to hold her children once..at birth!

I don't know about you but I'm pretty sure feeling her children's arms around her neck could do wonders for her state of mind. What kind of monster would keep a Mother from her children? For the entire story ( I highly recommend that you read it) please go here! So, of course my Throat punch goes to Mr. Dan Dorn and also to the team of morons at Cedars- Sinai who ruined this woman's life. I understand that the hospital made a series of avoidable mistakes, that happens. It is awful, and scary but it does happen. They are after all only human. However, Dan, you took vows..for better or worse, in sickness and in health. I think he's a cretin for leaving her in her time of absolute need, but I think he is a monster for not letting her have , at the very least, supervised visits with her children. I think almost dying to bring them into the world gives Mommy some rights! Come here Mr.Dorn, I have a special throat punch for you and if anything gets terribly damaged..be sure to head yourself to Cedars-Sinai so they can patch you up, accidentally cut off your penis and let you bleed to death! See how you like it!

9 comments:

  1. This guy is a total absolute JERK!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I heard this story a few months back and yes he most definitely deserves more than a throat punch, Im sooo with you!!! I feel for her, not only has her world been ruined but then to not be able to see your children, I would say just unplug me now!

    Great of you to get this story out. Damn you Mr. Dorn, grow a penis and become a man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh stopping by from the Friday Social Parade. Thank you for sharing this story! I agree completely, what a poor excuse for a sperm donor and the new woman that is standing by him. Yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, so sad. That man is a bonafide jackass.

    Following you from FFF leenilee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are having a GREAT Friday. I am here to follow you from Follow Friday. Hope you can follow me also.

    By the way, I am also having an apron giveaway on my blog right now. I do an APRON GIVEAWAY once a month, Hope you can enter. Terry

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sad story for the kids and mother. Your punishment for said Dad sounds pretty good. Following you from Friendly Friday. Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a douchecanoe! I'd like to cut his penis off!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep. It's nice to know that there is karmic balance out there. What comes around, goes around. He's got a boatload of crap headed his way and he doesn't even know it. Boo hoo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi. Your post today really caught my attention here. I pity the mother for what she's been through after she gave birth. Her husband is a total loser and a jerk!! What happened to their vows when they got married? He shouldn't kept the children away from their mother just because of her condition. My heart goes for the children and the mother.:-(

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your thoughts on my truth! Please leave some love, insight , or even disagreement with mine. I believe in free thought and speech. Happy Mothering!!