Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Mommy Truisms ( As I know them to be)



This is something new that I thought I'd share. It is my list of Mommy truisms. I will post a few today and then  let them trickle in as they come to me from here on out. Happy Mothering!
    Sleeping Beauties: Newborns in Dreamland
  • No matter how beautiful/adorable your child is~ they are 100 times cuter when they are asleep.
  • Spit up is not an allowable accessory to any outfit, but as another Mommy I will let it slide because it is better than some of the alternatives i.e poop. pee. full on vomit, etc.
    Mommy's "Do Not Disturb" Satin Door Pillow Hanger 7.5"
  • Modesty is a thing of the past! When in labor with my first, I was so embarrassed because my belly was so enormous that the gown didn't cover my ass.Now after never peeing, pooping, waxing, shaving, showering, changing a feminine product alone, and a myriad of other so called 'private' things that I 'share' with my children due to lack of privacy...that modesty has passed. 
  • Mom's who work outside of the home are brave, courageous, and strong.
  • Mom's who stay home are braver, slightly crazy, extremely courageous, and in desperate need of a night out and some adult conversation.
  • Waking a sleeping child is like waking a sleeping bear; JUST DON"T DO IT!!!!
  • With the right motivation, Daddies are underrated and capable and willing to do so much more than we want to admit or allow them to do.




 That's all the truisms for tonight but believe me there are a million more. I will be sharing. Please share your with me!

1 comment:

  1. NEVER EVER EVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR WAKE A SLEEPING BABY!! Out of respect for the mom, not the kid!! Truth.

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear your thoughts on my truth! Please leave some love, insight , or even disagreement with mine. I believe in free thought and speech. Happy Mothering!!